Self-Help Resources for the Public
Videos about the psychological impacts of COVID-19
What are some of the mental health related issues arising from this pandemic?
The world has changed: Evaluating the COVID-19 stress syndrome.
Infographics about the psychological impacts of COVID-19
There are 5 COVID-19-related Stress responses
What is COVID Stress Syndrome?
What is COVID Disregard Syndrome?
COVID-19 Vaccination Hesitancy
Healthcare Workers are Being Stigmatized
For information on dealing with the psychological impacts of COVID-19, please see:
- Mindshift is a free, evidence based mental health relief resource offered by Anxiety Canada. Mindshift offers a variety of mental health resources for dealing with anxiety, including worry, panic, perfectionism, social anxiety, and phobias.
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America
- Provides daily updates, including tips and strategies, as well as expert resources (e.g., videos, blogs) for managing anxiety related to COVID-19.
- Canadian Psychological Association
- Provides reputable sources of information during the COVID-19 pandemic, including resources for understanding psychological reactions to COVID-19 and when to seek help.
- American Psychological Association
- Developed a special section devoted to COVID-19 information and resources. This section covers a broad variety of topics relevant to psychologists, health-care workers, and the general public.
- Anxiety Disorders Association of Manitoba
- Provides a variety of self-help resources, as well as free telephone support lines and peer-support programs intended to help manage stress and anxiety that have resulted from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- International OCD Foundation
- Provides a variety of self-care and coping resources, as well as resources geared towards helping individuals manage OCD symptoms during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Association for Psychological Science
- The Association for Psychological Science has made scientific information concerning many topics related to COVID-19 and psychological science readily accessible for both researchers and the general public.
- US Department of Veterans Affairs: National Centre for PTSD
- Provides resources for employers, health-care workers and responders, and the general public for managing stress, grief, and psychological trauma during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- COVID Coach
- The COVID Coach is a free mobile app designed to help users build resilience, manage stress, and enhance well-being during the COVID-19 pandemic. This app includes educational resources, tools for self-care, and trackers and visual graphs for recording changes in mood and personal growth during the pandemic.
- Mental Health for All
- This free course was created to support all who are feeling the emotional strain of the unprecedented and stressful situations during the COVID-19 pandemic, and also to promote healthy development for anyone who is struggling to cope with chronic stress.